[Healeys] FW: BJ8 Bonnet/hood hinge removal and replace anti-rattle washers

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 15:29:35 MST 2016

I think the original intent was for the bonnet to rest on the (4-6?) rubber buffers that are installed on the rain channel of the shroud when the bonnet is closed. Often, the bonnet does not even touch the rubber buffers & therefore the bonnet is free to shake, especially the buffers nearest the hinges. I do not believe that there is a way to eliminate the shaking by tightening the hinges at the firewall. Try placing a glob of clay on the underside of the bonnet directly in line with the rubber buffers, close the bonnet, reopen the bonnet & see if there is an indication of the clay being in contact with the buffers. You might need to place a small piece of rubber (or other material) on the underside of the bonnet so that it comes in contact with the buffers.
Gary Hodson