[Healeys] Engine Mounts

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE YNOTINK at msn.com
Sat Nov 12 17:24:46 MST 2016

The current thought is that rubber ages as well as being detrimentally affected by UV and environmental ozone. As such we are told not to use tires that are over six years old. I think the same thing happens to other rubber parts as well. I've installed rubber plugs and grommets on my BN1 that deteriorated with 6 months of installation. For that reason I won't buy "NOS" rubber parts and I think any new rubber parts should be date coded.