[Healeys] HD8 Carb leaking

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:49:49 MDT 2016

Hi Achim,
The "D" in the HD8 model designation of your carbs stands for "diaphragm ".
The diaphragm in your carb is leaking, probably ruptured, allowing fuel to
leak through and out of the bottom of the carb.
It is possible to replace the diaphragm without removing the carbs but it
is *very * difficult and not something that I would suggest that you tackle
unless you are pretty familiar with the carbs construction.
I have found that fuels containing ethanol can cause rapid deterioration of
some makes of diaphragm so be careful to get ethanol resistant diaphragm(s)
or avoid fuels containing it.
Michael S
BN1 #174