[Healeys] HD8 Carb leaking

Achim Spethmann hspethmann at t-online.de
Sat May 28 06:28:32 MDT 2016

Hello,

You know the good feeling, when you turn the key and the
fuel pump is clicking to fill the carburetors.

But some days ago, when testing some electrical stuff, I had
a smell of gas in the garage. No, it's not the float
chamber. There is no gas coming out the overflow tube and
the fuel pump stops its work. But when I inspected the carbs
I saw some wet sparkling a the bottom of the front carb. Not
much, no dripping, but enough to cause a smell of gas in the
engine compartment. When the car is hot, you cannot see it,
the gas is evaporating.

I took the attached photo to show what I mean. Where should
I begin to find out what causes the leak?

Thanks in advance.

Achim

1964 BJ8 MK III