[Healeys] Spin-on oil filters

David Nock BCS healeydoc at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 11:08:00 MDT 2016

This is the same as the MGB oil filter. So you can cross to a Fram or many other filters using the late MGB filter

David Nock
British Car Specialists

From: Simon Lachlan 
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:16 AM
To: 'Healeys' 
Subject: [Healeys] Spin-on oil filters


I’ve recently fitted a spin-on kit onto my 3000, the one that goes straight onto the block.

Which filters do you guys use? My kit came with a Unipart GFE 166 (CB6). I don’t know what the CB6 means. 

I gather that the GFE 166 has been superseded by the GFE 443.

So far as I can see it does not have an anti-drain back valve and it seems rather small for a 3 litre engine.

Ideally I’d like a longer filter with a valve and hopefully a hex on the end for easier removal. Can’t go wider or it will be into the starter motor.

Any ideas???



Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Healeys at autox.team.net

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeydoc@sbcglobal.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160518/7d595b14/attachment.html>

More information about the Healeys mailing list