[Healeys] Electronic Parking Brake

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 03:48:07 MDT 2016

Hi Alan
Great till they go wrong and cost 10x the amount of a cable system.
My Range Rover sport lost the end from one of the motor driven cables and this then pulled the cable in locking up the motor. Impossible to then drive! A garage would just change the motor/ cable assembly costing ?500 for parts and then have to strip and set up both sides. So 3 times the price with labour.
I googled the issue (same system on jags etc) and it is possible (after a couple of hours! Upside down under the car!) to free up the motor shaft. Then it took a couple more hours to strip brakes and setup. Try searching all the issues!
So no thanks, most owners would prefer the 'old system'!
Regards Andy

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/vwm83r>. Yes, it works with gmail.