[Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Thu May 5 02:38:29 MDT 2016

I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?Mike MacLean56 BN260 AN5