[Healeys] 100-6

J. Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 27 19:45:08 MDT 2016

Dave and anybody else interested.
I have owned two BN.4s the first at age 17 when it was my everyday
transport. The second was regularly used.
The main practical difference to other sixes is the perceived value
difference due to the added ( but realistic ) features that are rarely
used to maximum benefit. Ie more capacity/power and improved brakes. Don¹t
get me wrong given the choice I would select the MK.1 but at what price. A
BN.4 can easily be upgraded with unseen mods apart from front disc brakes.
Mine had a later cam profile, lightened flywheel and bigger SU carbs.
99% of the time for the way I drove it these mods did not count

The biggest down was at the club BBQ I could not sprout off about the
extra 300cc  and disc brakes. This then talks about the selling price. I
purchased mine with no intention to sell but rather to have fun and enjoy
it.

There are more parts to find/restore in the windows/doors and dash panels
of the BJ series than a whole BN.4
Plus they look so good without all that 'stuff' on them and the 2+2 layout
allows for luggage and big lunch packs. I moved my wife to be from
apartment to apartment with mine.

The BN.4 was sold only because it was replaced by an ex-works car driven
by an Australian in a 12 hour race

Joe - who still regrets selling the second one.

On 28/03/16 1:02 AM, "Healeys on behalf of David Porter"
<healeys-bounces at autox.team.net on behalf of frogeye at porterscustom.com>