[Healeys] Chroming of grille for AH100 -

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 22:40:04 MDT 2016

Following up on the discussion from my message on June 19th, today I went back to House of Silver to discuss further with the owner Robert Winnobel about the chroming of the grille slats.

With the photos sent by Kent Lacy as well as several emails from many of you especially Mark Donaldson, Michael Salter, and Curtis Arndt, Robert is quite certain that the grille initially had a "Butler Finish" from factory.

He told me today that he can reproduce that method and is purchasing the necessary material for it and following the application of that finish will rub it down with a 3M Red Scratch pad to give it exactly the finish required, He added that these Scratch Pads just fit between the slats.

He will notify me when he will do the first grille and will go and take photos of the process and put it on the List. He has not determine a price yet as he has not yet purchased what is required yet.

Robert advised me that he had quite a few inquiries from the USA and there were concerns about shipping across the border. Be advised that it is not a problem but you should put a note on the outside of the box that the "Parts are used and for vehicle that is more than 25 years old".

I will follow up again as soon as I hear from Robert. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Jean