[Healeys] Lifter and Cam Wear ZDDP Issue

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:30:20 MDT 2016

Michael,

As you are probably aware this subject was beaten to death on the British
Car Forum. The conclusion I came to at the time was that thinner, fully
synthetic oil was the best way to go. However there was still some
ambiguity regarding whether to look for a fully synthetic that had the 1200
ZDDP or whether to ignore that. Fully synthetic oil with high ZDDP is hard
to find and reduces the choice. I think I came across part of this chap's
report when I was doing my research. This is a great report and seems to
nail the ZDDP myth once and for all. I haven't read the whole report as yet
but I notice that all the best performing oils are fully synthetic, which I
guess is no surprise as the oil industry spends millions developing them.

Derek