[Healeys] Radiator plates

carroll phillips bjcap at optonline.net
Wed Jun 22 17:26:24 MDT 2016

Don,
There are three plates soldered to the radiator, the Coventry main
plate, a round 5/8 dia. and a small rectangular plate 1/2 x 1 1/2. The
smaller plates varied in location. On the top center is the part number
pressing into the brass  AHB 8946 for BJ8  radiators.Reproduction
radiators I do not think have this. Again very late BJ8 rads had only
the round button, have this confirmed by two original owners and have a
pic from one showing the round button in the same area as where the
Coventry plate would have been. Sorry for the bad picture, the sun was
shining almost perfect for that shot ! my 65 BJ8 awaiting its turn in my
shop. Its turn finally happening  after an 8 year wait ...... hey
customers first !!!!
Carroll