[Healeys] BJ8 Rear suspension bushes

Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd enquiries at classic-car-world.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 04:27:47 MDT 2016

I had an issue recently where the of the Healey was a bit loose when I put it into a corner and it would fish tail all over the place. I had very little confidence as to where it would end up. I checked the rear suspension for play and found that one of the rear shackle bushes had split. Ordered a replacement set from Steve at UK Healey and fitted them last night. The attached is an image of the old bushes removed from one side and as you can see the shackle pin had worn through the side of the bush.

They were new when I restored the car but that was about 12 – 15 years ago.

Tom McCay
1965 AH 3000 BJ8 MKIII
1960 MG MGA 1600 MKI
1988 Mini Park Lane