[Healeys] BN-1 brake master

Wayne Schultz waschu2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:30:41 MDT 2016

Hello,

                   Helping my friend with his Healey BN-1. We have
installed front disc brakes along with other work to have it ready for
Summer driving. I  pulled the brake master because it was leaking from
both ends and the drum brakes would drag.  Turns out the master cylinder
is an original part that had been sleeved in brass. The bleed washer is
totally flat with none of the original bumps left.  We bought a new TRW
brake master and a rebuild kit from AH Spares. The rebuild kit does not
have the bleed washer or the crush gasket for the end nut so I don't
have what I need to rebuild the original cylinder.  I am aware of the
past  TRW cylinder problems. Are people still having problems with TRW
brake masters for the Healey 100 before I install ours?   Last question,
does anyone know of a source for a full rebuild kit with the bleed
washer and crush washer for the BN-1 brake master?

Regards
             Wayne Schultz