[Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Question

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Jun 12 04:47:15 MDT 2016

Yes, it is intended to be plugged.   I think it is probably just to close off the drilled passage for the balls after they are inserted during manufacture of the gearbox.  No reason to remove it unless it's necessary to replace the balls.

Thanks for the S/N of the gearbox.  I have no record of that specific number, but I can find out which car it was original to.  It should belong to a car with chassis number somewhere around 37XXX or 38XXX.  Gearbox serial numbers vary more widely with chassis numbers than engine numbers do.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large