[Healeys] Healey Values

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Jul 31 18:52:06 MDT 2016

Tom,     I'm sorry if it sounded like I was coming down on you.  Back in January my Healey mentor Tom Rocke passed away.  He had sold numerous Healeys at auction, RM, Barret Jackson, ETC.  He told me last year before he got sick the market was getting soft.  He was dealing with the higher end of the game.  He restored four 100M cars as well as some just absolutely stunning BJ8 cars.  He was in the $100 to $250K range in sales.  He said he did his last Healey just before the end of last year.  He was selling classic Italian and Porsche cars just before his death.  It has not deterred me from completeing my BN2 LeMans car.  I am doing it because I simply love these cars.  In four months I will be retired and can devote much more time to the completion of the BN2 as finances permit.  My Bugeye is and has been a work in progress.  I have gone from concours level AN5 to a well massaged 1275 and Datsun transmission.  It is a lot more fun these days.  Now I need to convert to disk brakes in the front and if I was independently wealthy, disk in the rear.  A work in progress.  And oh, I have a 2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Springer that will never be finished, but that is another story.  Don't worry, prices will rise again, even Hagerty admits the market cycles.
Mike MacLean