[Healeys] rear hub

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 16:11:20 MDT 2016

Steve,

As I understand it, the purpose of the bearing spacer is to
capture/squeeze the outer race of the bearing between the hub's shoulder
and the spacer/axle; to prevent the outer race from spinning in the bore.

Have you rechecked the height of the spacer after putting everything
together or after some driving time?  Just wondering if the bearing
might shift inward reducing the height.

I guess that the spacer is also the first "seal" to prevent the rear
axle's gear oil from reaching the brake shoes.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php