[Healeys] JB8 Stuck Heater Valve

Andy Thorp bce257 at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Jul 17 22:01:16 MDT 2016

Loctite on the tapered seat upon final assembly is a good way of ensuring it doesn't leak, however the obvious down side is that you then can't turn it and expect it to stay sealed. Great way of stopping that pesky antifreeze weep if you don't plan on actually using the tap.

A propane torch and a light tap on the bum will free a stuck tap, also gets it apart after the loctite treatment if necessary.

Andy.