[Healeys] BN-1 Hydraulic clutch mod.

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:39:53 MDT 2016

Wayne--

I jacked the front end up but could not get enough distance between the
camera lens and the MC to provide a decent picture.  I'd have to have the
car on a lift to get a good shot.

The master cylinder is mounted on the inside face of the left frame (just
forward of the clutch actuating lever) with the hydraulic output line
going forward along the face of that rail and then across the after face of
the front transverse frame rail to the secondary cylinder which is mounted
on the inner face of the right frame rail.

As I recall Smith Brodie strongly suggested that in mounting the secondary
cylinder I cut the head off one of the two bolts to make it easier to
remove the cylinder as it is in a pretty tight place.  I also created an
access door to the cylinder in the vertical shut panel so that I can access
the cylinder for removal and bleeding via the footwell.

BTW I used a BJ8 diaphragm clutch--lighter and smoother action than the
standard spring clutch.

Best--Michael Oritt