[Healeys] Engine ID Tag

michael.salter at gmail.com michael.salter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:09:57 MDT 2016

Those drive screws/ rivets can be a pain to extract.

If the head is undamaged I use a Dremel with a fiber disc to produce 2 flats on the sides of the head then use a good pair of small Vicegrips to grip and unscrew the  fastener.

If the head has been cut off I position a small hex nut over the fastener then TIG welder the nut to the remaining stem of the fastener..

Bit like brain surgery but usually successful.

Hope that helps.

Michael S

BN1 #174.

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:00 PM -0400, <gablegerry at netscape.net> wrote:

 Has any one been successful replacing the Engine ID Tag?  I tried to tap the rivets in order to back them out.  Rivets too hard to tap.

Thanks

Hap