[Healeys] Leaky Steering Box (NOT from seal)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 05:21:41 MST 2016

Yeah.  Good point, but I'm wondering why something that doesn't bear any
movement or friction--beyond holding the end float of the steering shaft
(guess that's a 'load')--would ever leak.  When we rebuilt the BN2's box
my dad didn't want to use any sealant because he thought it might affect
the end float of the steering shaft, but agreed to use it when the box
leaked.

Leaking from the seal on the rocker shaft I understand, and I can see
how the olive might eventually allow leaking, but not a 'static' plate.

Bob