[Healeys] Keeping rear shock bolts tight

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Jan 6 02:11:36 MST 2016

As Mike Salter mentions, it is not a question of nuts working loose, so
tab washers and security wire won't help much. The material is deforming
thus creating play, not because the nut/bolt is turning. When working
with aluminium alloy it is always important to have the mating face of
the body machined, a large hardened and machined washer is fitted and
tight fitting grade 8 or higher bolt and nuts are used.
Kees Oudesluijs