[Healeys] Keeping rear shock bolts tight

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 21:51:49 MST 2016

Threadlocker works great on the front shock bolts, but I've not had much
success with it on the rear shock bolts.  Here's my theory why:

When you apply threadlocker to a bolt it effectively glues it to a nut.
On the front shock plates, where the nuts are captive, this approach
works, but on the rears gluing the bolt to the nut doesn't do much good
(except let/require the bolt and nut to rotate as an assembly).  I don't
care for split lockwashers myself, but in this application they seem to
work better than threadlocker (putting some sort of friction material
between the shock and the mount makes sense, too).

Bob