[Healeys] Keeping rear shock bolts tight

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jan 3 20:04:45 MST 2016

I've had best results putting a grade 8 flatwasher under the (grade 8)
bolt head (against the shock 'ear'), with a grade 8 splitwasher under
the (grade 8) nut on the backside.  This is one location where
threadlocker doesn't seem to work better than lockwashers.   And, torque
the snot out of the bolts.  If the holes in the shocks are oblonged it
gets even more problematic.

Bob