[Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Feb 6 11:32:52 MST 2016

To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for
permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the
country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order to
meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/TüV/APK or whatever it is called
in the various countries.
One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within Europe
so will only have to apply once and not every time you cross a border.
Check with your insurer if you are sufficiently covered. Most countries
will have application forms in English but of course it might be easier
to ship to the UK and travel from there, easy enough with plenty of
ferries across the channel plus a car train under it.
Kees Oudesluijs