[Healeys] coilt induction ingition

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Dec 29 02:59:09 MST 2016

I presume a larger capacitor might influence the speed of the collapse
of the magnetic field, reducing the voltage produced in the secondary coil.
To prevent arcing as much as possible in the Lucas fuel pump I now
install a "transil" across the points instead of the earlier used and
less effective capacitor or diode. This could probably also be done on
the distributor points. As I do not run points any more so I cannot try
it out myself.
A transil is very cheap, $1-$5 depending on where you get them. I got a
larger quantity for less than $1 a piece on eBay. I use a bidirectional
one in the fuel pump to make them positive and negative earth:
/1.5KE24CA,/ CA indicating it is bidirectional.
May be worth a try?

Kees Oudesluijs

//