[Healeys] Dynamator comments - misc

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Mon Dec 26 18:39:22 MST 2016

Kees -
We went with the DynamAtors because they're the most inexpensive. Around $250. USD including shipping.

The US-made DynamOtor is >3x that expensive but may be better built - they have been in business for many years.

The former advises using your stock pulley/fan setup, rather than the usual smaller (higher speed) alternator pulley. This may also have something to do with overheating and low-output problems.

When I recommended them, I had no idea of the high percentage of problems encountered by Josef -- my friends and I will be watching these very carefully, before trusting them to long trips.

--
Steve Gerow
BN6 with Denso alternator