[Healeys] Dipstick

rrengineer.mike rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Dec 26 12:54:45 MST 2016

Kees,     Thank you and everyone else for the encouragement.  There is still some friction putting the dipstick in.  Not that I am worried about the dipstick flying out of the hole while operating the car.  What the heck kind of driving would I be doing for that to happen?  Besides, the dipstick in my Bugeye just falls into it's hole and I have not lost it in over 16 years of driving since the restoration.       Speaking of the Bugeye, that was a ground up restoration as much as my BN2 is.  As you say, a series of subassemblies, one at a time and eventually I will get there.  That is the exact same philosophy that I undertook with the Bugeye and it turned out quite well. (See picture)  as in the Bugeye restoration, I have several parts and service manuals along with hundreds of photographs of 100s in various states of assembly.  This past January I lost a very dear friend and mentor for restoring Healeys to cancer.  He was an invaluable source of parts and knowledge about these cars.  You know I would give away bothy Healeys if it would bring him back, but life does not work that way.  All I can do is keep plodding along with this restoration and tell anyone who would listen that I could never had even attempted to restore these cars if it was not for my friend who is no longer with us.I don't think there is anyone on this list that could not complete a restoration without help and encouragement of friends and family members.  I will finish this car, just at a bit slower pace now with one less resource.  You guys are going to have to pick up the slack.Mike MacLean

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone