[Healeys] Dipstick

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Dec 26 06:47:35 MST 2016

Do not straighten out (all) the bends as the dipstick is hold down using
some friction from an on purpose wide V shaped bend in the dipstick. You
do not want it to fly out.
When putting together a car which is in bits, assemble the
sub-assemblies one by one, not all together at the same time. It is very
satisfying to have e.g. the engine completely done, or the front
suspension, dashboard, rear axle etc. It also takes a lot less space.
When all these sub-assemblies are done you are very nearly there.
What you need first is a good Workshop Manual and, more importantly, a
Parts Manual/Catalogue to see how and in what order things are assembled
on the drawings.
Kees Oudesluijs