[Healeys] Mount a coil on an alternator.

Richard Collins gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 25 18:42:15 MST 2016

Just to add my $.02 on the alternator/coil query, My BN7 has 2 coils, neither on my generator (pos ground still) One is a high output installed on the firewall by prior owner which I have never used. The one in use is on a bracket mounted to the frame. I am on my second older style Voltage regulator which I adjusted per the manual for best performance. The first one burned out and took my first generator with it or vice versa. Neither were rebuildable.

I have seen it seems as many with the coils on the alternator/generator as not.

Happy Holidays.

FWIW I also have 4 German cars

Regards,
Richard C of KY