[Healeys] FW: Mount a coil on an alternator.

Robert F. Begani RFBegani at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 24 07:45:32 MST 2016

Simon:

I do know that Standard Motors who, from the beginning of the automobile
industry, was and still is a major American manufacturer of coils, relays,
etc, does not recommend putting any of those items on the motor due to
vibration.  I know this because I read their instructions on how to install
a coil relay between the starter switch and the glow plugs on my diesel
engine in by sailboat. The manufacturer of the engine Universal Westerbek
sells a bracket to mount the coil on the engine because it was always
mounted there, I guess. Hard to change old habits.

It stands to reason they will last a lot longer if there are not shaken and
never stirred. Mine is not mounted on the alternator, either.

Season's Greetings

My New Year's resolution is to put the rebuilt engine in by BJ8 after the
1st of the year and drive it.

Bob Begani

BJ8 67