[Healeys] Dip Stick

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Dec 25 14:08:47 MST 2016

 What is the diameter of a  dipstick for the 100 engine?  I did not have one for the engine I am building for my BN2.  I bought the screw in tube for the block and the rubber dust cover for the dip stick, but I had to buy a used one from an enthusiast in Oregon that had one for sale.  It was not cheap, but I am glad to have it.  One problem.   I screwed the tube into the block and tried to slip the dipstick and it stopped in the hole at the threads.  I measured the dipstick with my calipers and the nominal diameter is a 1/4 inch.  At the widest measurement I get .257 or maybe a little more.  Is this the right dipstick for a 100 engine?  Is it supposed to be a tight fit?
Mike MacLean

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone