[Healeys] Mount a coil on an alternator - ultimate solution

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Dec 25 08:21:38 MST 2016

I have to contradict this. The company I am working for (I am responsible for all electrical components they sell and customer complains) is a distributer for those dynamator alternators on European mainland. Out of 10 there are 1-2 which fail after a few seconds of work, another 2 after some hours of work. And the output power of these dynamators is comparable to original generators (just slightly higher, but not remarkable) and they do not deliver at idle speed. So no real benefit at all. Only they are lighter than original Generators as they have an aluminium body.
Usually their diods die very soon or they have overheating or bearing problems.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----