[Healeys] Starting a BJ8

Gil Rockwell gilrockwell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 06:18:57 MST 2016

I’d be careful doing this, I can’t imagine what the dust bag would look like filled with oil as surely would occur with the pickup tube immersed into the oil.  Remove the pickup tube and then you could draw a light vacuum on the jar assuming you closed off the spray port or perhaps the vacuum can’t pull hard enough to draw the oil out of the jar, don’t know, it would depend on the vacuum.  You could achieve the same by using a modern day kitchen vacuum bag appliance, just use a small vacuum bag with the bearing and oil in the bag and operate the unit. They draw a pretty good vacuum and would likely create far less mess than having oil sucked into your vacuum cleaner. Just my 2₵ or pence…..

Gil