[Healeys] Starting a BJ8

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 21:18:16 MST 2016

Yes, on the exhaust side to paint a car, but on the vacuum side when modified to become a vacuum oil impregnation chamber.
As far as oilite bearings being pre oiled, they probably were.
But every NOS Lucas bearing for distributors/ starter motors etc I've put in the vacuum thingie I modified, have bubbled under vacuum. Indicating extraction of air, and impregnation of oil. So maybe after 50 or 60 years, the factory oil is no longer there..... maybe a warranty claim is in order!
:-)
Chris