[Healeys] BN1 Starter Solenoid Mount

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at icloud.com
Mon Dec 12 09:24:14 MST 2016

I do have this bracket/mounting plate on mine and Roger Moment was quite pleased to see it on my car while he was inspecting it. If I remember correctly, he said they got discarded by many people as they worked on their cars as it seems to be a redundant piece of hardware. If you need it, I will get a photo of mine and post it up for you to see, but since you have it on your other car, you know what it looks like.

Steven Kingsbury

BN1 #598

On Dec 11, 2016, at 04:55 PM, Michael Salter <michaelsalter at gmail.com> wrote:

The BN1 that I'm currently restoring is 500 odd body numbers later than my own.

On my car the original cast aluminium starter solenoid is mounted on a plate which is in turn mounted onto the bracket welded to the firewall as in this picture viewed with the solenoid removed.

The "supplementary" plate is missing from the car that I'm presently working on Body #793.

I am unsure if this mounting plate had been dispensed with by the time this car was assembled or if it is just missing from this car.

Anyone out there know if or when this was discontinued?

Thanks,

Michael S

Suggested annual donation $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive