[Healeys] BN1 Starter Solenoid Mount

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 08:50:20 MST 2016

Hi John,
I am pretty positive that the plate is original to the car...unfortunately
the solenoid was missing when I got the car so I really don't know if it
was perhaps fitted the other way around.
One thing that has just occurred to me is that my car, body #174, was one
of the very early cars that had the extra lug on the bell housing for a 3
bolt starter as can be seen in this picture from the parts book.
[image: Inline image 1]
The car is in storage at the moment but I will go and take a look later
this week to see if the extra width of the bell housing necessitated that
the solenoid be re-positioned.
Michael S