[Healeys] No oil pressure

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:44:40 MST 2016

Curt/Kees--

I always try to fill filters to minimize the amount of air that gets into
the system but in this case with the filter mounting horizontally to the
engine I could not get too much in.  In any case even a full canister would
not have solved the problem as the oil pump was apparently not able to
overcome whatever resistance the filter was providing. and pull liquid up
from the sump.  As soon as I removed the filter the pump was eventually
able to prime itself.

Best--Michael Oritt