[Healeys] Door Latching

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 14:06:08 MST 2016

Albert:  I had this problem with the driver's door back in 2003.  The problem was wear on a piece inside the latch (see attached photo).

I checked the passenger side latch and it did not appear to have that wear so I removed that piece and traced its shape on a piece of paper.  I then built up the driver side piece with brazing rod (probably would last longer with welding rod) and ground it down to match the pattern.  So far, so good.  The problem has not repeated itself - yet.  If (when) it does, it will be a time consuming yet relatively easy fix.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
    214,208 miles on the ODO