[Healeys] Jack

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 07:42:52 MDT 2016

I was footling around in the attic next door for the first time - a recent
purchase - and I found, amongst assorted treasures and junk, a Lake & Elliot
S411 15cwt twin screw jack. Quite a surprise. Now, this thing isn't worth an
awful lot and it's not Healey equipment....BUT, it's neat/compact and will
stow away nicely in the boot, so I was wondering if 15cwt (1,680 lbs)
capacity is enough to safely lift a corner of a 3000? Let's say a front
corner.

I carry an adapted scissors jack and a twin screw jack that I borrowed from
the army some 30 years ago and which I have as yet forgotten to return. I
imagine they've stopped searching by now. This 15cwt jack is a deal less
chunky than the typically brutish thing from the army.

Simon