[Healeys] 100 engine block I.D.

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Tue Sep 1 23:01:08 MDT 2015

Gary,

	You wrote. There is only a single bolt hole for the distributor
mounting clamp. This looks like to be an Austin Atlantic block, not
Healey.

	Josef Eckert

	Konigswinter/Germany

	-----Original-Nachricht-----

	Betreff: [Healeys] 100 engine block I.D.

	Datum: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 00:43:35 +0200

	Von: warthodson at aol.com

	An: healeys at autox.team.net

	   I would like to verify that the block I have for my BN1 is indeed
an Austin-Healey engine block & not for some other Austin application.
The problem is the engine I.D. plate is missing.  This alone would not
be a concern for me but there is another anomaly. The machined area on
the side of the block where the distributor mounts only has a single
bolt hole for the distributor mounting clamp, not the usual two holes.
My BN1 is early with body #718, engine # 1B139718.    The following
data is cast into the block:                      Westlake Patent
                NO 593441   5'12'9          1B1699          AF    If
this is a BN1 block, where can I get a single eared distributor
mounting clamp?   FYI, The only other BN1 block I could inspect had
the following cast into the block: 1B2363          Westlake Patent
J665               NO 593441                         1B2363 F2646
       2   Thanks, Gary Hodson