[Healeys] Last drive of the season in A Thing of Beauty

J. Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 24 16:51:18 MDT 2015

Michael
#174 and the way you have restored it shows the vision of Donald and Gerry
Coker were looking for.The reflection lines along the top of the fenders
show the great modern lines ­ remember it was 1952. This is complimented by
the 'swoop' line from the bottom of the front fender through the sill  to
the rear wheel opening ­ so well done by you. Many people miss the
underside.
Then there is the overall front to rear stance which is looking great with
just right tyre to wheel arch clearances. Door shut lines, the grille and
front bumper lines are all pleasing to the eye.
 All this makes me a 49 year six owner just stare at that picture and say
what a beautiful restoration of an amazing design.  Remember when first
shown the AH 100 was judged the Most Beautiful Car at the New York Motor
Show.
#174 certainly reflects that. Well done

A bloke from Australia who thinks a Healey in undercoat with the bodywork
assembled as we see in #174 is still a beautiful thing. No doubt this is why
the Healey lines are used to promote so many non-automotive objects

Joe