[Healeys] Off-topic: The List

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Oct 22 19:30:35 MDT 2015

In my early days of participating in the list, about 1999, it behaved for me as Bob described in his original post, my response or original question would appear minutes to many hours later, sometimes, actually fairly often, answers would appear before questions.  That all stopped for me when Mark did one of his upgrades several years ago, and now for the most part everything pops up quickly and in order (for me at least).  I have used roadrunner email since before I started participating on the list, it uses a POP3 server (I don't really know what that means other than I know Microsoft keeps making it harder and harder to use POP3 email with each new software iteration) using Windows Live Mail as my email client.

Anyway it has worked and played well with the list for quite some time  (unless Mark has been pulling knobs pushing buttons behind the curtains like a crazed Wizard of Oz  to keep me going without my knowledge) but I suppose if you aren't a Time Warner Cable subscriber it isn't an option for you.

Greg Lemon