[Healeys] Early BN1 Photo

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Oct 2 20:33:47 MDT 2015

Greetings

I would be surprised if the first car was scrapped, more like bits of it were used in other experiments.

Both the BN3/1 and BN3/4 started life as very early four-cylinder cars before the six-cylinder engines were fitted in ’54 and later. There are lots of bits in both cars that are certainly not akin to production cars.

The X numbers used by the DHMC referred to experiments and not complete cars. My car, the BN3/1 was X207 and according to Geoff Price when he was speaking to an earlier owner it originated as a pre-production chassis. Whether this is true or not, I have no way of telling.

Best wishes

Patrick Quinn