[Healeys] lock barrel removal

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sat Nov 28 11:01:46 MST 2015

I am trying to figure out how to remove the boot lock barrel from the handle without damaging it. (BN1) I have removed both of the small round pins & the large square shaft that fits in the end of the handle. My lock barrel is currently in the locked position & I do not currently have a key that fits the lock barrel. I have not yet removed the small square shaft that is perpendicular to the lock barrel & appears to be engaged with the lock barrel somehow. My questions are: How do I get this thing apart with out damaging it? Are there any drawings &/or photos somewhere on the internet that would help me visualize how these components fit together?
Thanks,
Gary Hodson