[Healeys] Core plug extraction

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 08:15:12 MST 2015

I noted the other day what a ghastly job that is. Always possible and nearly
always bl**dy awkward.

I've seen clips of guys - always with the engine in pieces on the bench -
who just bang one lip inwards until the plug swivels in the hole. Then they
just grab it with a mole(?!) wrench or similar and hoik it out. So easy.

I love my car dearly but I always expect the most cussed things of it and
I'm seldom disappointed. Surely if I were to bang in those that I could
reach, they'd just vanish inside, never to be seen again???

Simon