[Healeys] Gearbox oil volume

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue May 26 00:27:52 MDT 2015

Nonsense. Expansion is no issue, you would not even notice it if you
could measure the level on a dipstick. Anyway, the variety in the
castings will give you more differences in volume than expansion.
Filling to the level of the filler plug hole is recommended by
practically every motor manufacturer of the day. This way it is certain
that it is properly filled.
There is plenty of space filled with air above the filler plug hole if
you are worried about expansion. Most of the time the filler plug hole
is about halfway up the casting.

Kees Oudesluijs