[Healeys] Gearbox oil volume

Keith Taylor ktee20 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:19:38 MDT 2015

My original BN1 1954 Service Manual has an  "ERRATUM '  sticker on the
inside cover stating :-

                                       Gearbox/overdrive Oil Capacity

                            The combined capacity of the Gearbox and
overdrive is
                             5 1/2 Imp. pints (dry) and not 4 1/2 Imp pints
as stated
                            After draining,  1/4 pint of oil will remain in
the overdrive
                            hydraulic system, therefore ,only 5 1/2 pints
will be required
                             for refilling.

                                      Pubs. 996B and 997A December 1954

So when filling from rebuild add the extra 1/4 pint  ....   5 3/4 pints

Later editions may have carried the correction  and side and top
shift gearboxes may vary

Keith Taylor
southern Highlands OZ