[Healeys] angle speedo drive BJ8

Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:33:01 MDT 2015

Mike -

It's been a few years but I've been there. After 2 or 3 angle drives and a rebuild of my speedo a couple of times, it turned out the speedo end of the cable was too long causing the cable to bind in the speedo. Per MoMa, the exposed length of cable at the speedo end with the nut that attaches to the speedo fully pulled up should be 3/16".  My notes also show the amount of exposed cable at the speedo end, sans attaching nut, should be 3/8". I believe you can use fibre washers to make this adjustment.

Once I adjusted the speedo end my problems have gone away, at least for the last 4,000 miles.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8

Sent from my iPhone