[Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Mar 1 23:44:47 MST 2015

Hi Michael,

	Yes, the fault is at both, the company who orders the part and the
supplier in China. The sample you usually get looks right when taking
measurements and you take it into parts. Often you have metric
dimensions internally instead of the imperial originally, i.e. M5
threads instead  of No 10 imperial. As a parts supplier you do not
have the sources to test the parts like water pumps on a test bench.
Usually the visual check is all you can do. Then you order a batch of
lets say 100 parts, pay them and wait for the feedback from your
customers. Usually this first batch is ok quality wise. Then you order
a second batch of 500 and get junk you have to live with as you have
already paid for them. No way to give the parts back.

	For such things like water pumps, tanks, brake/suspension parts, etc.
its very difficult to find suppliers outside China who offer to
reasonable prices, not 5 times more, than the supplier in China. Also
LUCAS or QH on the box doesn`t mean LUCAS or QH is inside.

	Btw. I have seen one of your horn rims in the purchasing department
of our company and asked them  if we have these in our portfolio soon.
I told them I would take two or four. But they refused and told me
they are too pricy and there is no demand at all from customers.

	Josef Eckert

	Konigswinter/Germany

	-----Original-Nachricht-----