[Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts

Andy sneddon at xsmail.com
Sun Mar 1 10:27:15 MST 2015

Josef,

Whilst I understand your argument re cost v's quality, I strongly disagree
that it is naive to expect better.  Having spent most of my career in the
Pharma Industry, producing a quality product is paramount - the impact of
getting it wrong is quite serious! The cost argument is a red-herring.  In
my industry, look at the Generic manufacturers who outsource globally, yet
still need to demonstrate quality, efficacy, safety and supply their product
at a competitive price.  I strongly believe that it is a mindset /
fundamental business issue.  What is worse, would be to keep on selling a
product that you know is faulty.

In my opinion the only reason that this happens to the extent that it does,
is that suppliers believe that they have a captive market and rely on the
fact that most customers are unaware at the outset that they are buying a
compromised product at times ... and when they do realise they are more
likely to try to fix the situation themselves, and so the saga continues.

Andy